Monday, January 25, 2010

My Current Setup

Not much has changed these last few years, but my current setup entails a Toneport UX2 interfacing with my IBM T42 with output leading to my Marshall MGx. The Toneport allows two microphones to be hooked through, with a few instrument inputs. I've just recently started experimenting with the microphone, but have used the Toneport to capture some songs and riffs.

This is a totally useful tool for recording and the options for effects are endless. If I like, I can convert the song into an MP3 or video file to share with fellow musicians online or the occasional curious friend.

I've been trying to get my hands on a Korg Pandora, but this will have to wait. I like the idea of a pocket amplifier with builtin effects. I simply lack the cash right now.

Last Friday I plugged in my Schecter. I think it is time this was brought to the shop for a setup. While the strings were new, the tuning up and down the fretboard was a little off.

Anyone familiar with the Korg Pandora, and if so, what are your opinions?

No comments: